Students must earn a total of 25 credits which includes:
|Math (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebraic Models, Algebra II &/or higher)||4 credits|
|Science (Lab course in life science, chemistry and physics)||3 credits|
|NM History||.5 credits|
|World History||1 credit|
|U.S. History||1 credit|
|Physical Education||1 credit|
|Fine Arts/Practical Arts||1 credit|
- All students must take one unit of:
- advanced placement (AP)
- dual enrollment/credit,
- or distance learning
- AND one unit of:
- career cluster course
- work-place readiness
- or a language other than English
- Courses that will satisfy the practical arts/fine arts requirement:
- Career and Technology education
- computer science
- All students are strongly encouraged to take two (2) years of the same language other than English, which count toward elective credits; most post-secondary schools have this as a minimum requirement for admission
- 0.5 credit is granted for each class (unless otherwise indicated) at the end of each semester
- Credit is granted with passing grades (A, B, C, D)
- Credit is not granted for non-passing grades (F, I, N, WF)
- If a course is repeated; the higher grade will be used for the GPA (grade point average) calculation.
- Students who drop a course after the 10th day of the semester will receive a WF (withdrawn with an F).
- Students must meet the minimum requirements to be a student aide (minimum 2.0 GPA, teacher recommendation, excellent attendance, etc.), but may only earn 1.0 credit as a student aide.
- Students are strongly encouraged to participate in DUAL ENROLLMENT at CNM or UNM. Contact a counselor for information.
- See your counselor for credit-recovery options.