VVHS Athletic Game and Department Schedule
Athletic Weekly Results
- Softball – Started the week with a great win over Rio Rancho (5-4) but ended the week with a loss to Cibola (6-13)
- Baseball – Had a great week in district with wins over Rio Rancho (9-3) and Cibola (3-1)
- Girls’ Track – Girls took 4th overall at the Richard Harper meet
- Boys’ Track – Boys tied for 1st place with Academy at the Richard Harper meet
- Golf – Great showing at APS Metro, with Ben Wells looking strong at 2nd place helping the boys’ team to 4th overall and Sabrina Galfano coming in at 5th overall.
- Girls’ Tennis – Two single players and a doubles team made it to Wednesday’s round, our girls’ took 12th overall.
- Boys’ Tennis – Great showing at Metro with our doubles team reaching the quarterfinals and taking 6th place overall!
Want to Try-Out/Participate in Sports at VVHS?
TEN THINGS a COACH WOULD LIKE a PARENT to KNOW
1. It is not about you, it is about them. Do not live your own sports dreams through your kids. It is their turn now. Let them make their own choices, both good and bad.
2. Never talk to a coach about ...more
All 11th grade student/athletes need to register with the NCAA and be aware of the NCAA requirements. A free course is available to review all information by clicking this link: NFHS Learning Center
Also, click the following link for Interactive Presentation by the NCAA: http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA_EMS.html#