Volcano Vista High School’s 9th Grade Academy is designed to help support our 9th Grade students educational, social an emotional needs. Below are some key points related to the supports provided:
- Small Learning Community
- 9th Grade Student core content classes are primarily located in the 9th Grade Building
- 9th Grade Students are organized in Core Content Teams which provides teachers and students with an opportunity to experience inter-disciplinary lessons across subject areas.
- 9th Grade Students have counselors, clerical and administrative support housed in the 9th Grade Academy.
SOAR Program - School Wide -Creating a Climate of Positivity and Respect for All
Behaviors that PBS will focus (CORE VALUES of School):
- SOAR – Safety, Organization, Achievement and Respect
- Procedure for giving out cards:
- All faculty and staff will give out cards randomly for any ...more
Flyer Program - Creating a Climate of Positivity and Respect for All
Student Ambassador Program (Anti-Bully Program) - No Hawk Stands Alone
- 45-100 9th-12th Graders are nominated and selected to the program
- 8 Faculty members are Faculty Ambassadors
Ambassadors are broken up in to 8 Family groups which are run by the Faculty Ambassador
- Family ...more