ALL SHIRTS, DRESSES, BLOUSES, TOPS, ETC MUST HAVE SLEEVES!
Why have a Dress Code?
One of the employability skills that are of concern is the dress code. We receive many comments from employers that students dress inappropriately. Volcano Vista High School dress code policy for the school year requires that all attire be work-setting appropriate and safe for school. Any clothing or accessory that attracts unusual attention is not appropriate. The dress code will be enforced on registration days as well as during the school year.
Students must keep in mind that they need to dress appropriately for their environment.
Students and their parents/guardians have the responsibility to be aware of the school specific dress codes and to conform to those requirements. The responsibility to interpret and enforce the policy rests with each principal for his/her school. Administration may send students home to change or to ISS if they consider dress or appearance inappropriate and/or disruptive. This dress code complies with the APS Student Behavior Handbook.
The following clothes/attire are not acceptable:
- Attire or accessories that advertise, display or promote any of the following are not appropriate: alcohol, bigotry toward any group, disrespect, drugs, gang-related attire, sexual activity, tobacco and violence.
- Tight or revealing clothing; no visible cleavage.
- Short shorts and short skirts should not be worn.
- Shorts that are indecent have holes in pants, pockets hanging out or are frayed. No undergarments should be showing.
- Bare midriff style crop tops, midriff tops.
- Low cut and/or off-the-shoulder blouses.
- Halter tops, spaghetti straps and strapless dresses or tops are not appropriate.
- Spiked jewelry, chains
- Belts with more than two-inch excess. The excess must be worn inside the belt loops.
- Sagging or pants below the waist allowing underwear or bare skin to show.
- Bagging or wearing excessively baggy pants with low or hanging crotch are not acceptable.
- Pants must have a normal size or fitted waist.
- No “bunching” around the waist.
- No undergarments should be showing.
- Pants must not hang over the edge of shoes or drag on the ground.
- Pants that have holes or are frayed are unacceptable.
- Hats/head coverings, bandana’s and/or head bands are not to be worn in buildings. When outdoors the bills on caps are to be worn forward.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn in the building.
- The following accessories are inappropriate and are not to be brought to school:
- roller blades
- portable electronic equipment.
- Cell Phones and MP3 players are not to be used on campus from 7:30 AM to 2:25 PM.
These items seen or heard on campus during the instructional day (including passing periods) will be confiscated until parents pick them up.