Volcano Vista High School Pre-registration Procedures for 2017-2018
Pre-registration session is scheduled for the following date
- May 10th @ 8:00 a.m.
The following are the enrollment and pre-registration procedures for students who live in the VVHS attendance boundaries and will attend VVHS for the 2017– 2018 school year, but who do NOT currently attend VVHS, LBJ Middle School or Tony Hillerman Middle School:
1. Call VVHS at 890-0343 ex 37052 or ex 37202 to reserve a seat in one of the above enrollment/pre-registration sessions.
2. Information to Bring to VVHS Data Processor (Louanne Rauen) in room F117 before the Scheduled Pre-Registration Session:
A. Birth Certificate – Required if new to APS
B. Immunization Record, up-to-date, which must include TDAP within the last 5 years
C. Proof of Address – student and parent/legal guardian must live in VVHS attendance
boundaries (visit www.aps.edu to verify assigned school for residence address):
- Current PNM or Gas Utility Bill with parent/legal guardian name and physical
street address on it (water, cable, phone bills, etc. do not apply); OR
2. Current Rental Agreement (with parent/legal guardian name, student name and
physical street address on it); OR
3. Current Purchase Agreement (with parent/legal guardian name and physical
street address on it)
D. Transcript, report card – Current unofficial transcripts and most recent report card.
E. Copies of IEP, special program/course placement, etc, if applicable (i.e., special
education, gifted, ESL services)
3. BEFORE your scheduled pre-registration session—please bring in all items listed in #2 then you will be given a registration packet to complete and leave with the Data Processor.
4. When all documentation is received, you will be given a Course Request Card to take home and complete. Get signatures from current Math & English teachers for course recommendations on the Course Request Card.
5. If you need further assistance or have questions concerning the Course Request Card there will be counselors available to assist you at the scheduled Pre-Registration Session. In-depth course evaluation will require a separate, scheduled meeting at a later date/time.